MARKETING DIRECTOR (2013 - 2015)
Reporting directly to the Chief Marketing Officer, responsible for the overall management of national retail brand, including budget and profit/loss statements, forecasting, events, promotions, advertising, public relations, and visual merchandising.
- Led development and implementation of annual marketing plans resulting in 40% sales increases, which out-performed key competitors and the industry as a whole.
- Increased annual vendor co-op fund by over 100% in less than two years, resulting in an increase in messages and experiences to engage customers in an omni-channel environment.
- Designed and executed real-time adjustments to marketing calendar, which included seasonal programs, product launches, and promotions to drive e-commerce comp increase of 60%.
- Led cross-functional team in the inception and introduction of Rookie by VILLA, a retail brand extension designed to grow reach within the children's segment; strategy highlights include aggressive launch of 30 locations across the country within a 12 month cycle resulting in an 11% sales contribution.
FOUNDER AND PRESIDENT (2007 - 2013)
Conceived and led a strategic planning, insights and innovation consultancy.
- Led business development activities; clients secured include Toyota, ESPN, 20th Century Fox, Honda, McDonald's, ConAgra, MillerCoors, and Verizon.
- Strategic Planning: Developed strategic plan for 20th Century Fox brand extension, Fox Faith, to increase brand trust and awareness with urban audiences.
- Insights: Designed and implemented focus group studies, provided copy testing, and synthesized insight to develop personas and inform strategic marketing campaigns for MillerCoors' Redd's Wicked product launch.
- Open Innovation: Developed and managed online insight communities for ConAgra to crowdsource ideas and evaluate them in a consistent, meaningful way. Worked with individual brand managers to take raw ideas and transition them to business proposals and projects.
ADJUNCT PROFESSOR (2010 - 2012)
Part-time marketing faculty member delivering effective and innovative teaching with an emphasis on experiential learning. Courses included:
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Multicultural Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
THE REBEL ORGANIZATION
DIRECTOR, CLIENT SERVICES (2004 - 2007)
Led client services for a youth-focused marketing agency. Provided strategic leadership and managerial oversight to help expand agency expertise. Direct management of six staff members, including training, career development, and overall performance management.
- Managed client relationship and all aspect of strategic planning on $20M account, including media analysis, creative development, and event activations.
- Developed integrated marketing plan for Cricket Communications' teen-focused brand, Jump Mobile. Grew revenues 27% above sales expectations in first year via marketing mix weighted toward social media and experiential marketing.
- Developed award-winning guerilla marketing plan for Activision's True Crime franchise, awarded The People's Choice Award for trade show booth design at E3
TOYOTA MOTOR SALES
MBA BRAND MANAGEMENT INTERN, SCION (Summer 2003)
- Led communication with external agencies to develop advertising strategy, including TV, social media, dealer point-of-sale, product placement, experiential, and influencer seeding.
- Interfaced with various groups across the organization to develop forecast for national launch of Scion vehicles, which were tracked against a budget on a monthly basis.
- Presented communication plan to senior management based on outlook of automotive industry and analysis of buyer behavior.
MJINI - URBAN YOUTH EXPERTS
CO-FOUNDER; VP, CONSUMER INSIGHTS (1999 - 2002)
Co-founded millenial-focused consumer insights agency.
- Led business development activities, clients secured include Converse, Levi Strauss, The Timberland Company, Babson College, Department of Justice, and Turner Broadcasting.
- Developed nationwide network of community centers, after-school programs, and barbershops to gather real-time marketing intelligence assisting in the development of strategic marketing campaigns.
- Developed syndicated research study "Voice of the Urban Customer" to increase understanding of the urban youth consumer.
- Developed consumer insights and go-to market plans for Timberland urban business during a period when Timberland experienced exponential growth from urban youth consumer.
MBA, Washington University in St. Louis, Olin School of Business
- Fellow, Consortium for Graduate Study in Management
- Independent Study, Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
BS, Babson College
- Startup business, MJINI, featured as a Harvard Business School case study; illustration of entrepreneurship, youth marketing, and experiential marketing.
- Interests: Basketball, snowboarding, and running.
- International Travel: Argentina, Brazil, Cambodia, Central & Western Europe, Chile, Colombia, Hong Kong, Panama, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, and Vietnam.